Cebu Tours now opens the Mactan Island Hopping tour package, this year 2022, which will take you to Gilutungan Island, Caohagan Island and San Vicente in Olango Island which are located in Mactan, Cebu. All of these three islands have marine sanctuaries wherein you can explore with the sight of abundant corals and hundreds of tropical fish species. With the assistance of our boatman, you can do snorkeling, diving and you can even take nice pictures with the scenic views of these islands.
We are strictly observing health protocols as mandated by the government. Please wear mask if you are not swimming and maintain social distancing.
If you just want to rent a boat in Mactan for your island hopping and opt out for our package, you can book it here.
Rates and Inclusions
|No of Pax||Rate per Person||Details of the Package|
|13 above||Contact Us|
- 07:00AM – Pick up from the hotel (Cebu City Hotel)
- 08:00AM – Pick up from the hotel (Mactan Hotel)
- 08:20AM – Boat Departure from Cordova Port and start of island hopping
- 09:00AM – 01:00PM – Visit 3 islands with no particular order (depending on the tide times)
- Gilutungan Island (snorkeling at the marine sanctuary and with white sand beach on the other side)
- Caohagan Island (white sand beach)
- Nalusuan Island – (snorkeling at the marine sanctuary)
- 02:00PM – ETA at the Cordova Port
- 03:00PM – ETA Hotel
Note: This is just an estimated time. No particular order on the islands to visit, it will depend if high / low tide.
Islands to Visit
Below are brief descriptions about these islands:
- Gilutungan Island – Also known as Hilutungan Island is a marine sanctuary which is a great place for beginners to dive and snorkel. The island is a low-lying coral island with an elevation of no more than 10 meters above sea level. Besides the rich marine life, it also boasts a stretch of white sandy beach, a sand bar and a resort ideal for a weekend or overnight staycation.
- Caohagan Island – This island has a rich marine life which is a good place for snorkeling. You will be able to see different fishes in this island and it is also a very good place for taking pictures.
- Nalusuan Island – This almost a hectare size island is located between Mactan and Bohol. You can swim with the fishes here and you can also relax at their sandbar area.
For other island hopping activities, you can try the Pescador island in Moalboal, learn more here.
What to expect
In this package there are 2 possible start time, if your hotel is in Mactan, pick up time would be 7:30am, but you can request to a later time if you want to. If your hotel is in Mandaue City or Cebu City, we recommend to start the tour at 7:00 o’clock in the morning. Since this package is flexible and is exclusive to your group, then you can request for a later pick up time if you want to. We can also pick up from the airport if you want to do the Mactan island hopping upon you arrival. We can also drop you off at the hotel where you will be staying right after the tour.
Our driver will meet you at the lobby, we will give his information to you via text or email a day before the tour, in any case that he is not there on time, you can call or text him for updates.
Here are some of the photos and island that you can expect in this package.
After the tour, you will be dropped off in your hotel by our private car and driver. Any side trip will incur additional charges.
Please make sure to book this package a day before the travel date as we have to prepare the foods, car with the driver and boat for this package in advance. Cut off time is 8:00PM a day before your travel date.
A lovely morning island hopping. We saw many beautiful fish and corals, had a nice lunch and relaxed on a small beach. Overall very good value for your money
Some of the reefs were damaged by the super typhoon but it was overall a great experience and the lunch was fantastic. The boat captain was delightful
Very relaxing, beautiful Islands, great fun playing volleyball with Captain and his crew, and by the way captains crew took excellent pictures of us.
This trip was by far my favorite. I visited kawasan for canyoneering, bohol, and various parts all over cebu along with Oslob to see the whale sharks. This excursion by far was the best. The driver and boat captain and crew were fantastic. The water and snorkeling was amazing. We visited one of the islands (I forgot the name) and it was the most humbling experience I've had. Seeing the way the people live and how friendly they all were. I had kids running up to me to give me high fives and people asking to take pictures with me. I'm from San Francisco, California in the US. When you see their way of living compared to the first world life I see daily, again, it was incredibly humbling. Now for the snorkling. I've snorkeled all over including; hawaii, all over mexico, thailand and various other places. The colors of the fish were breathtaking especially the rainbow fish. The water was crystal clear and warm. The boat crew kept throwing bread into the ocean which attached hundreds of fish to totally surround me. This is the only excursion I've ever written a review for and it will always be one of my most memorable experiences. The food was decent as well and was prepared and brought on board in meal prep containers and available to eat whenever I wanted. I did this trip solo so everything was catered to me and what I wanted to do. I had my own private boat and my own personal driver. Just wanted to thank you guys for one of the best experiences I've had.
My group and I were very satisfied with the Mactan Island Hopping tour. The driver and tour guide, Mr. Joseph is a wonderful man that made us feel safe. The boatmen are all funny and very helpful to my foreign friends. We enjoyed eating the food that consisted of chicken, pork, fish (for our vegetarian friend) and BBQ. Hope to have more vegetables next time. Met some local people in one of the islands. Overall, it was a fun-filled and enjoyable private tour that my friends and I will never forget. Will recommend Cebu Tours to my friends when they go to Cebu.
Fill up the form below to reserve this tour.0%